Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Loving Our Conversations These Days

I don't know if it's the age or what, but Rylan has been cracking me up lately with the things he says and does! I love seeing how his little mind works and how he reasons things. Below are a few of his latest and greatest.

* Hudson has started smiling at us so I had Rylan on my lap with Hudson trying to make him smile. When Hudson finally smiled at Rylan, he yelled out, "Oh no! His teef (teeth) all fall out!"

* After picking him up from daycare one day we were talking in the car. He would tell me things and I would respond by saying, "You're right buddy. You're so smart." When we drove into the neighborhood he saw a boat and said, "Look momma, a boat. Boat goes in water." I simply responded with a "Yes it does." After a short pause Rylan asked, "Momma, am me smart?"

* He calls pumpkins orange apples.

* When we are ready for him to go to bed we set the timer and tell him he has ____ more minutes to play or watch his movies. The other day he was in the bath and I told him it was time to get out. He held two fingers up on his hand and said, "No momma, me have 2 minutes."

* At daycare he walked up to a group of little girls playing in a circle and said, "Who wants to mooch me?" Oh Lord help me!!

* This is a bit embarrassing, but we were checking out at Target a week or so ago and Rylan was sitting in the cart. The cashier was talking to him when he looked right at her, picked his nose, stuck his finger (booger included) in his mouth and said, "Mmmm, good!" We'll have to work on that one!

* Admittedly I haven't shaved my legs in SEVERAL days...give me a break I'm sleep deprived and have a new baby. A few nights ago I was sitting on the couch and Rylan came up to me and put his hand on my leg. He immediately jerked it away and said, "Your yeg (leg) stuck me momma!"

* I was holding Hudson and Rylan said, "Hudson in your tummy." I said, "Yes, Hudson was in my tummy wasn't he?" Rylan paused and then poked me in the stomach and said, "Put him back." Ha! Sorry buddy, your 10 pound brother is NOT going back in my tummy!


Buddy, what would I do without your funny comments and actions? I look forward to waking you up each morning because I know I'm going to spend a good part of my day laughing at you and with you! I love our conversations! You bring so much joy into our lives!

5 comments:

Keri said...

What a cute kid. Thanks for the laughs! Don't you just love seeing his mind work & hearing the things he comes up with?

Val said...

So cute - I loved the 'Who wants to mooch me!!' That was just too cute!! I laughed out loud on that one!

The Longley's said...

I love this post!! Can't wait for when Coleman starts talking!!

Kim said...

Those are precious little stories...good for you for getting them down for the record. I need to be better at that! Hope you are well. Love ya!

jaime mcnab said...

I love it! I posted some funny things Dakota says and does yesterday also! I have had it drafted thinking that I would add to but I couldnt stand it, I had to share! Ryaln is getting so big and I know that he is loving a big brutha as much as Dakota is being a big sister! What a fun time we are having with our little ones! Are you ready for #3? I AM!!!!