Thursday, October 1, 2009

One Of Those Moments

As a mother I've realized that there are those little moments when Rylan says or does something that makes me realize Cody and I really are doing a good job raising him. These little moments mean so much to me since some days I feel like all I do is tell him no and get on to him for not listening to me. Well, the other day I got to experience one of those moments.

Rylan woke up burning up Tuesday morning. His temp. was 102.4 so I kept him home and took him to the pediatrician. Dr. Lanman came in and looked in his ears and listened to his chest with her stethoscope. I was so surprised when Rylan sat perfectly still for her when she listened to his chest. This is the conversation that followed between Rylan and I.

ME: Did Dr. Lanman listen to your heart?

RYLAN: Uh huh, she hear Jesus in my heart.

ME: She heard Jesus in your heart? What did Jesus say to her?

RYLAN: He say he my Jesus.

WOW!! COULD MY OWN HEART HAVE POSSIBLY FELT ANYMORE JOY?! My precious little boy has Jesus in his heart! Right then and there in that doctor's office I gave thanks.

You're right buddy, Jesus is in your heart and that's exactly where He wants to be!!

3 comments:

Val said...

I love it!! I got goosebumps! When we moved here and were saying our prayers Maelynn finished by praying for all the kids to have God in thier heart - which I immediatly thought was so wonderful - then she finished it by saying and in thier stomach too - not sure what that meant - but she is getting there!! :)

Kim said...

Oh. My. Goodness. That is PRECIOUS! Such a sweet boy. And yes, I know just what you mean about those times that reassure you that you are raising them right...I live for those little moments. So encouraging! Anyhow, what a sweet story, and you do so good at making note about each little story like that...I need to do that more! Hope yall are great. Kisses to the little brother from us!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness, what a boy he is! That is the cutes thing - Jesus in his heart,

I have to call my friend, Maggie, and tell her. She will love it.

Grandma Torke