Friday, October 9, 2009

29 Is Starting Off Pretty Good!

When I woke up this morning for my 29th birthday I had no idea that my 2 year old would be so excited for this day. I can't count the number of times he has said "Happy Burpbay Momma" today. He also enjoyed singing happy birthday several times, and each time he did it with such enthusiasm.

I love that my little boy can be so excited for other people. It doesn't have to be about him, but he gets so much joy just being part of any celebration. I hope he always remembers that one of the greatest things in life is SHARING in other people's joy!

Trying some icing from the giant cookie at 6:30am!

The birthday cake that Rylan picked out. He specifically picked out the pink icing for the writing.

Putting the candles in my cake...just the way he wanted to.

The best candle arrangement I've ever seen

His second dose of icing for the day!

Ready for a bath

3 comments:

Kim W. said...

He is so cute. Jake is the same way about birthdays...he is SO excited about them no matter who's birthday it actually is. Precious. And singing Happy Birthday is a fave, too. So sweet. Happy Birthday from all of us out here!

Val said...

Happy Birthday - I hope it was a wonderful day - it sure looked like it from the cute pictures!

Traci said...

That about made me cry because it was so sweet! They grow up way to fast! But I will say somehow they still keep the love for their Mommas because Josiah walked off the field last night after the game that they won and came straight to me to give me a hug! I felt so proud of my baby! Rylan and Hudson are so precious. You all are so blessed! Hope you had a great birthday!