Saturday, September 13, 2008

Stuck Inside

We have started getting the rain and wind from the hurricane that hit Galveston so we are stuck inside for the day. It is way too windy and the rain is coming down way too hard to go out anywhere. So, we have just been having a lazy day around the house. This is where I have to toot my own horn. I cannot remember a single day in our married life when we have eaten all 3 meals at home. I know, that is sad, but true. But, I am not much of a cook either. However, something came over me and I got the urge to grocery shop for meals last night. So, here is what I've made today...

Breakfast: Biscuits and sausage gravy
Lunch: Beef enchiladas
Dinner: Meat loaf

Plus, I made an open faced apple pie (crust from scratch I might add) for dessert. I was talking to my mom on the phone when I had to get off "to get my pie out of the oven" which is something I GUARANTEE no one has ever heard me say before. Anyway, it has been nice to eat at home and hopefully I'll make this effort to cook more often...it's actually been kind of fun!

"Ripken, look at all that rain!"

"All that rain makes me want to pee...can't you tell by the sagging diaper?"

"I'm okay as long as Ripken is with me!"



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A boy and his best friend!

I had to chuckle to myself about the baggy diaper. It made my Charlie Cat turn around and look at me!

Thank you, Ashley, for all these wonderful photos.

Grandma

Kim said...

You crack me up!! You are so going to start to LOVE COOKING...I just KNOW IT!!! I just know it because Cody is an eater and you know that means little man will be big eater, too! Anyhow, sounds like yall ate yummy today -- YAY FOR ASHLEY! That a girl! I can't wait to hear about your next day trapped inside the house! Maybe a homemade COBBLER!? ;) Give Rylan hugs and kisses from me! And big HI FIVES from Jake and Jack!

Natalie said...

I wish we could have been cooped up together during the rain-I was b.o.r.e.d.!! But it was nice to stay in pjs all day. I'm proud of you for cooking 3 times in one day. That's a huge deal! Way to go!