Monday, August 4, 2008

First Night Away

On Saturday my mom (RoRo) came into town so she could stay with Rylan while Cody and I went to stay the night at The Renaissance Worthington Hotel in Sundance Square (Fort Worth) and just have a date night. I had never been away from Rylan for a night, but I knew that Cody and I needed some time alone since football season was starting up. We got over to Fort Worth and ate dinner at Ricsky's BBQ and then went to an improv comedy show at a place called Four Day Weekend. We have never laughed so hard in our lives and we can't wait to go back to another show with a group of friends. After the show ended we walked to Chili's for some late night dessert before heading back to the hotel for the night. It was such a fun, relaxing time! Of course I gave my mom strict instructions to send me a couple of picture mails of Rylan throughout the evening. That made it a little easier to be away from him. I do have to say that I slept so hard that night knowing that I didn't have a baby monitor to listen for. Rylan of course did fine with RoRo while we were gone. They went to the store to get watermelon, walked around the neighborhood, and just had a great time playing. RoRo said he was good entertainment for her and he kept her laughing the entire time. We came back around lunch time on Sunday and I was super excited to get some much needed "mooches" and hugs from my little boy!

Thanks RoRo for taking such good care of Rylan! We love you!


No comments: