Monday, August 18, 2008

Please Tell Me It Gets Easier

Today I had to go back to work which meant I had to drop Rylan off at his new school. Let me just say IT WAS HORRIBLE!! When I tried to hand him over to his teacher he started screaming and clinging to me. I heard him scream the entire way down the hall and out the front doors. It broke my heart and I started crying before I got to my car. The thought actually crossed my mind to quit my job and run back in there and get him. I had to drive around for a while to stop crying before I went into work. I did call and check on him at lunch and I got there to pick him up as fast as I could at 3:30. He was a happy boy when he saw me, and I was a very happy momma!! I know tomorrow will still be hard, but I'm hoping each day will get a little easier for both of us.

Eating breakfast before his first day of school


All dressed in his new outfit

Finally back home with momma!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet little boy who looks more like his Daddy every day.

By the end of the week, he will be ok but will his mom.

Grandma T

Val said...

I feel for you!! We will keep both of you in our prayers! Change is always hard - but not always bad.