Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Water Baby

Since Cody and Keri are in San Antonio for coaching school, Natalie and I decided to take the kids to Surf and Swim to stay cool in the Texas heat. We had so much fun and Rylan LOVED the water! He even liked the wave pool. Several times he put his whole face in the water and then he came up laughing and wiping his eyes. It was a great way to spend the day outside and beat the heat. We are sooo ready for Winter here!

Rylan was telling Doak how much fun they were about to have in the pools.

Okay, so I need to explain the socks because let's face it...that is a HORRIBLE fashion statement. Those socks are called "Block the Burn" socks. They allow kids to walk on hot pavement without their feet burning. I am so glad we had these today because the pavement was definitely too hot for him. I think I was more embarrassed by this fashion faux pas than he was.

The picture doesn't show it, but he is letting the sprinklers above him rain down over his head.

The last two days Rylan has become obsessed with his bellybutton. However, he doesn't want it on his tummy...that's right, he tries to "pick" it off his belly. He took a break from playing in the water to address his bellybutton issue once again.

He had just put his whole face under water here.

He sure looks like his daddy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ash- I would be less worried about the don't burn me socks as a fashion disaster and more worried about why a blog about your son has polka dots and bows, you are going to ruin him. He will cringe one day when he hears of his blog that only barbie or strawberry shortcake could love. JK Hope all is well

Anonymous said...

Rylan, I love your socks. You have such a good mommie to look out for you. And the belly button is pretty funny. Have you showed him that you and Daddy have one also?

Love the one with his friend. Don't tell him his grandma T doesn't know how to swim. At least I made sure my kids learned.

Grandma T

Anonymous said...

Who is this Darrell guy making fun of my great grandson's blog polka dots. It's refreshing. And besides, don't you worry about Rylan, Darrell. He is ALL boy!!!!