Friday, July 4, 2008

My Daddy Has Big News!!

We have had a crazy, eventful week. We left last Sunday for Waco where Cody worked the baseball FCA camp. The Timmerman's were also there with us so we got the chance to hang out with some of our best friends for an entire week! While Keri and Cody were off coaching Natalie and I spent some quality time with Addie, Rylan, and Doak. We took the kids to the zoo, the children's museum, and even to see the Baylor Bears. We also found time to sneak in some much needed naps...for the kids AND us! It was a great mini vacation and we had a blast!

However, even though we had so much fun at Baylor, there was something that happened while we were there that really made the week GREAT! On Tuesday afternoon Cody got a call from the Greenville High School Athletic Director who offered him the HEAD (yes I said HEAD) baseball job at GHS!! So Rylan is proud to announce that his daddy is now a head baseball coach at a 4A high school!!! We're so excited for daddy and we know he will be the best head baseball coach ever...and we'll be there at all the games to cheer him on! And, once again we have been shown that God's plan is perfect. Greenville is just 35 minutes from the house so I can keep my job here and we don't have to sell the house!! Now we just can't wait until baseball season!

Just reading his baseball book on the couch

"I'm so excited for my daddy and his new job!"

At dinner celebrating daddy's big news!

Walking around Baylor with Miss Addie and daddy

Rylan had a great time at the zoo and he especially liked it when I parked his stroller in front of the glass aquarium.

So tired after all our fun!

I couldn't resist this photo opportunity. They'll be a day when he's too big to do this.

Hanging out with momma.
Rylan wanted me to put his socks on his hands and as you can tell he thought it was so funny.

Apparently, the socks can double as batting gloves

This is Rylan standing at the block of big plastic bugs at the children's museum. I love the look on his face!

He kept talking to the wooden girl on the wall, but she never talked back.

Rylan sitting in the big caterpillar

Rylan to the rescue!!

Rylan kept flicking the stuffed bear's tail. He was more interested in the bear's rear end...go figure he's a little boy.

Running along the giant piano and making music

Yeehaw!!

3 comments:

Val said...

We don't know each other - but I feel like we do, I'm friends with Natalie too - and I check on your blog ever so often since you are too a Coach's wife. I just wanted to say congratulations on the new job! It is great to see another supportive wife!!

Anonymous said...

What a great surprise to open the blog and see all these great photos. Just luv them all.

Grandma T

Natalie said...

We had such a great time with you all at Baylor. We are so proud of Cody and excited to cheer for the Greenville Lions (at least for baseball we'll cheer for y'all!)