Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Little Boy With His Baseball Bat...




Everyone who knows Cody knows that his heart swells with pride every time Rylan plays with his baseball toys. Well, this morning Rylan made his daddy's day (probably his whole year actually) when he walked up and grabbed Cody's real wood bats. For a good 20-30 minutes our little boy held onto those bats like his life depended on it. Of course we feel that our job as parents is to raise a son who knows Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior first and foremost. However, if along the way we also raise a little boy who loves baseball as much as his daddy does, then I'll be that mom in the stands cheering louder than anyone while his daddy stands in the dugout (as his coach of course) waiting to give him a high five and a pat on the butt...because that's what guys do.

I love this picture! It's almost like he's saying "Well momma, are you really surprised that I'm playing with baseball bats?"


2 comments:

Natalie said...

Great pictures! I bet Cody is one proud Papa! We had fun with you all yesterday!

Kim W. said...

Ashley,
He is absolutely precious. It is so neat to watch your family grow. I can't wait to see yall whenever you come back in town. It'll be fun to get the boys together. Yall are doing a superb job at parenting -- keep it up! I always love reading your blogs and find myself nodding my head, or saying "yep!" out loud to what you write. You are a great mommy! Hope you had a GREAT Mother's Day! Love ya!