Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hudson's Nursery

As you all know Rylan's nursery was decorated in the antique baseball theme, and we have now carried that theme over to his big boy room. So, to say the least I am BASEBALLED OUT when it comes to decorating for little boys. I know it may seem silly to redecorate a nursery for a second boy, but I couldn't help myself. I never really found a bedding "set" that I loved so I ended up matching some stuff from Babies R Us together to make this brown/green monkey theme for Hudson. We painted just the wall behind the crib green and then painted the other 3 walls a cream color. I love the way it turned out! I owe a huge thanks though to my mom for coming to paint the nursery and to my mother-in-law for making the quilt and curtains for the room.

I painted these letters and then found these cute little monkeys to glue on

This is the sheet on the bed

The curtains

One of the monkeys on the wall

The bed, quilt and letters all together

5 comments:

Kim said...

So cute! I love the little monkeys! They are adorable. And I like the green color a lot. Very fun. I am starting to gather stuff for Jolee Kate's room now, too. It's gonna be so strange to see PINK in that room after having it for 2 little boys the past 3 years! Hope you are great! Not much longer!!! :)

Julie said...

Very cute! Good job mama and grandma's!

The Whitecotton's World said...

You have done a great job with the monkeys! I still haven't finished our baseball/golf and monkey rooms myself. I am doing good if things are picked up. Ha!

I hope you are making it through this heat ok! Can't wait to see this little guy!

Val said...

I love it - I did seperate themes for both the girls too! One of the perks of having multiple children!! :)

erin said...

adorable! i love the monkey theme - it is hard to find a complete set that fits what you like etc... he will love it!