Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Goodbye Old Friend

Dear Diapers,

You and I go way back and I can't thank you enough for always being there for me. Okay, well you did let me down a time or two, but overall you've been a great friend over the years. Even when my mom didn't change me for several hours you just doubled in size and kept on working. And man, did you ever put in some overtime when I had C. Diff! However, in case you haven't noticed I am 2 years old now and it's time for me to move on. Afterall, I am going to be the BIG brother in just a few weeks. I have to be a good example for Hudson and show him that big boys wear big boy pants. That's why I have to say goodbye. Don't think this is easy for me because it's not. I will miss you for a while, but my mom assures me that I will be okay. Goodbye old friend.

Sincerely,
Rylan

Armed and ready with lots of big boy pants and some Skittles for rewards.

The froggy potty is ready.

His boxer briefs...just like the big boys wear.

Giving it a good try while he reads his baseball book.

3 comments:

Val said...

Good luck - we started working on it with Beclynn too. She will go potty every time you put her on it - you can see in her face that she nows how to make it work. But she is still going in between each time - she hasn't figured out how to hold it yet - so we are staying with the diapers and pullup for a little while longer - good luck and keep me posted!!

The Whitecotton's World said...

I LOVE it Ashley! The sticker method worked for us and that is what they used at school for Aidan, so having that reinforcement probably made the process go a little faster for us. We still have days when Aidan says, "I need a sticker!" Good luck!

jaime mcnab said...

Yeah Rylan! We are SO proud of you! Lets have a play date soon! Dakota is moving in 4 weeks, we need to make sure and get you 2 together soon!