Friday, June 12, 2009

So Long Crib, Hello Big Boy Bed

This past weekend my mom came into town to help us get Rylan's new room and big boy bed ready. Rylan actually had no desire to leave the crib, and we probably we have just left him there for a while longer. However, with Hudson coming in less than 3 months we really needed to get Rylan out of the crib and adjusted to his new room. We had done Rylan's nursery in a vintage baseball theme (I know, surprise surprise) so we wanted to carry that over to his new big boy room. My mom and I spent most of last Saturday painting the room. Cody was our work horse for the weekend. The room had always been a guest bedroom so we had quite a bit of furniture to move out and store in the garage. While my mom and I painted, Cody cleaned the garage out and got everything organized so we could store the furniture out there. The house was such a disaster during the day while we all worked, but the end product was well worth it!

Sunday night was the first night we attempted to put Rylan in his new bed in the new room. We were shocked when he went right to sleep and slept through the entire night!! As a matter of fact, he has done that every night since then too! Nap time is a little hard in the new bed. He hasn't really gone to sleep much, but he at least stays in there and has quiet time for over an hour. Overall, it has been a HUGE success moving Rylan out of the crib...what a relief! I can only hope for potty training to be this easy! Ha!

Below are pictures of Rylan's new "Big Boy Room" which he loves!


These are actually autographed pictures I bought for Cody a while back. The picture on the left is Yogi Berra tagging Ted Williams. The picture on the right is Ozzie Smith who was one of Cody's coaches during his minor league days.

Rylan's big boy sleigh bed and his baseball bean bag chair.

A couple of metal vintage baseball signs on the right and a picture of Cody when he played at ACU on the left. Rylan LOVES the picture of his daddy! Whenever you ask Rylan who the best baseball player in the world is, he yells "Daddy!" Like I told Cody, he may not have made it to the big leagues, but there is one person in this world who thinks he is the best baseball player who ever lived!

His new baseball bedding

Vintage baseball pictures that I found and framed when we set up his nursery a few years ago.

Rylan's new dresser that Papa and Nonni bought for him. Thanks Papa and Nonni!

6 comments:

Val said...

so cute - I have been looking into beds for Beclynn. I want to get both the girls new beds for Christmas - Princess theme beds for their new rooms. You have motivated me to start looking. We have started working on potty training too - so far we are just taking it easy - showing her - talking about it - she has gone a few times but we are a far cry from being there.

Kim said...

Love the baseball theme, but you already know that! I miss yall. You HAVE to come see us when yall come in town next! I miss seeing yall! And I wanna see that belly of yours! I bet mine isn't too far off from yours! Ha! And I am serious! I am ridiculous! Someone needs to wire my mouth shut! :) Love ya!

The Whitecotton's World said...

Hi Ashley! We are neighbors of Papa and Nonni's and I stole your blog from Kim W (also a friend of mine). I have followed your pregnancies to an extent without ever meeting you.

I too have a baseball(with some golf) room for my 3 year old so I enjoyed seeing how you decorated Rylan's room. 'Our' daddy was a baseball player in high school. Not the #1 player so we don't have those pictures to hang. We need pictures of other #1 players. That was very cute and similar to a phrase Tim has taught Aidan. I would love to know where you found some of the other art. We have been in a big boy bed for a while now for the same reason you made the transition with Rylan, but I haven't gotten the feel for the decorations yet. What I do have sits around the room waiting for a spot. Maybe one day soon I will be able to figure it out.

BTW, Nonni made quilts for both my boys when they were born and they are so special to us. Reminds me, we need to get down there to see them again soon.

Ερμής said...

the best gadgets at http://diaforetikimatia.blogspot.com

PS3 from 100$, Apple McBook Air from 450$,

http://diaforetikimatia.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Great article, of course, the High End Bedroom Furniture you offer is great, but looking over the Internet I found this, which I think is best, www.spacify.com

RAM said...

Cute bedding and i am giving you one bedding site for kids- ports Bedding Store online for kids bedding & Teens Bedding. offering you mlb bedding/NCAA/NFL/NBA/NASCAR team Bedding Sets, Comforters, Blankets and Pillows at Discount Prices.

mlb bedding