Saturday, March 28, 2009

Why You Really Do Need To Watch Your 2 Year Old!

This morning Cody headed up to his baseball field and Rylan and I stayed behind since the weather has been wet and cold here the past few days. While we were sitting in the living room, Rylan found my tub of Tummy Butter. For those of you who may not know, Tummy Butter is basically stretch mark prevention cream. It's thick and it doesn't have the best smell, but it works. Well, I made sure the lid was on tight (or so I thought) and let him play with it. I got distracted doing so other things, and he was content on the floor with my Tummy Butter so I thought I was in the clear. A few minutes later I heard him hysterically start laughing. I turned around to see that Rylan had put Tummy Butter all over our dog's head and side...and the dog had let him do it!!! And, let me just tell you, Tummy Butter is not easily cleaned out of dog's fur. I did the best I could and put the dog outside to go roll in the grass. So, the moral of this story...the lid is never on tight enough!!

I love that the label on the Tummy Butter proudly proclaims "This product not tested on animals." Well, guess what E.T. Brown Drug Company...it has been now!

Not a great picture but I'm sure those of you who have also tried to get a 2 year old and a dog in the same picture can sympathize. If you click on the picture and enlarge it you can see the clumps of Tummy Butter on the dogs head. And, this was after I cleaned him off!

3 comments:

Val said...

So funny - and in our experience the second one is much worse!! :)

Anonymous said...

The dog's face says it all. 'I didn't do it, mom, Rylan did' Look at those eyes of the dog.

jaime mcnab said...

Stories like mine and yours makes me want to publish a book titled...You cannnot make this stuff up!