Friday, October 24, 2008

What A Week!

Wednesday night Rylan's school had their fall carnival from 7:30-9:00. The kids were suppose to come dressed in their costumes. Of course I was more than excited to get Rylan dressed in his lion suit for the carnival. Rylan had a great time playing games. He got some candy as prizes but of course he had no idea what it was so he just gladly handed it over to Cody. Rylan's costume was a hit! Everyone kept commenting on how cute the little lion was. It really was a fun night.

Now for the not so good part of the week...Thursday when I picked Rylan up at his school I noticed he felt a little warm. However, he was still his happy little self so I didn't think much of it. Then, at dinner he didn't really want to eat. Instead, he just put his head down on the table. When I picked him up from the table I noticed that he felt very warm. I took his temperature and it was 102.6. I gave him some Tylenol and put him to bed. We made the decision that Cody would stay home with him today since he obviously didn't need to go to school. Well, all day he has still had fever so I told Cody to take him in to Dr. Lanman...have I mentioned Cody is the best daddy ever?! Well, Cody called me at 2:30 after seeing the doctor to tell me that Rylan tested positive for Strep. Ugh...not again! This is the third time Rylan has tested positive for Strep. Plus, taking an antibiotic for Strep in the past resulted in him getting C.Diff. I know he has to have an antibiotic to get rid of the Strep, but now I am nervous about the real possibility that he can get C. Diff again in a month or so as a result of taking the Augmentin. He is currently still on a probiotic in an attempt to totally clear up the C. Diff from before. Obviously we aren't going to Cody's game tonight, but he understands. Hopefully Rylan will be feeling better within 24 hours and we can just have a relaxing family weekend here at the house.






3 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm so sorry he is sick again! He is the cutest little lion ever!

Kim W. said...

Precious, like always! Hope he gets better soon! That stinks! But he is one cute little lion!

Val said...

The lion outfit is so cute!! Sorry to hear about the strep - we will keep you in our prayers. Tell Cody we will be expecting our husbands to do as well as he did!!