Saturday, October 4, 2008

Saturday With The Salyers

We've been in a rut as far as finding new, fun stuff for Rylan to do around the house on the weekends. So, last night Rylan and I went to Wal-Mart to get some fun craft stuff. We got finger paints and paper, and we also got food coloring and rotini noodles to dye fun colors. Here are some pictures of Rylan having a blast with some of his new stuff.

Painting with daddy

"Hmmm, which color should I use?"

Making his first masterpiece!

"I have no idea how the paint got on my face and in my hair momma...honest!"

I think daddy had fun painting too!

"This is so much fun!"

Our colored rotini noodles.

On a side note...When Rylan and I went to Wal-Mart last night he found this visor that he grabbed. It was $.78 so I was willing to pay $.78 to keep him entertained while we shopped. However, there is only one word to describe this visor...GAY, GAY, GAY!!! It is made of foam and he loves wearing it around the house. Notice I said house...he WILL NOT be wearing this in public. Cody calls the above picture his gay gardener look.

3 comments:

Val said...

I can't wait to see what you do with the noodles - what I great idea I will have to give that one a try with the girls. I think the visor is very handsome! :) Looks just like the OU coaches! Oh wait that may be gay too.

Natalie said...

Well aren't you a genius to use a muffin tin to keep the paint colors separate! Rylan is definitely an artist!

Anonymous said...

Lucky lucky little boy! His big brown eyes are so serious. And Cody? Well, what can I say. It looks like he may not be an artist. He will have to keep trying.