Tuesday, August 21, 2007

And the award goes to...Cody!!



The "Best Daddy in the World" award goes to...Cody!! I just had to get on here and brag about Rylan's daddy for a minute. This week Cody is working extra long hours due to teacher in-service plus football practice. Yesterday Cody had to leave the house at 4:30am for work. He knew he wouldn't get home until 10:30pm due to a late practice. During the middle of the day Cody had a little bit of free time and he drove 45 minutes back home, picked Rylan up at the babysitter's house, spent 30 minutes with him and then drove the 45 minutes back to work. He knew Rylan would be in bed by the time he got home at 10:30 and he wanted to see his baby boy. When Cody does small things like that it just reminds me that I couldn't have asked for a better daddy for Rylan. Cody is the hardest working man I've ever known, and yet each day his desire is to get home to us as fast as he can. I love you Cody and your little boy will grow up to be an incredible man because he has you as his daddy.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

What a great daddy!

Anonymous said...

Three cheers for Daddy. You keep that up and that little boy will be the best in the world. He will grow up to be a real man.

Bless you, Cody.

Jennifer

Southmont Student Ministry said...

That is awesome, it challenges me to be more aware and thankful for the time I get to spend with Rylie. It blesses me to know that you got an awesome husband and Rylan has an awesome dad like Cody. God bless you Cody!!!