Sunday, August 16, 2009

Thank Goodness For The Leather Couch!

Last night Rylan didn't really eat any dinner and then started complaining that his tummy hurt as the evening went on. Rylan has always been my baby that gets sick, but NEVER acts sick. He can have a fever of 103 and be running through the house playing with his toys. Although I am thankful that he isn't a whiny kid, it does make it hard to tell when he really feels sick. Well, we were just about to put him to bed when he crawled up in my lap on the couch and said, "My tummy hurt Momma." About 30 seconds later he vomited EVERYWHERE...all over the couch, all over me and all over himself! I think he vomited 3 times in a row before the damage was done. Without being too graphic for those with weak stomachs, I do have to say that I have no idea how his little stomach was possibly holding that much! However, the best part (if you can really call it that) of the whole situation is that we have a leather couch. After showers and new clothes I began working on the couch clean-up. If our couch had been covered in fabric it would have been a total loss! However, with a little paper towel, Clorox wipes and some elbow grease it is now good as new! After getting everything cleaned up Rylan seemed to be 100% better so we went ahead and put him to bed, and he fell asleep pretty quickly. Then, about an hour later Cody heard him cry out on the monitor. He went in there and Rylan had vomited on himself again, but was so tired that he just rolled over and kept sleeping...poor baby! So, we got him up and back to the bath tub we went. While Cody got him cleaned up I stripped his bed and got him new sheets. His "night night" which is his favorite blanket was a mess and had to be put in the washer. Lucky for us he accepted a different blanket to use for the night. We were a little hesitant to put him to bed after that time so we let him come into the living room and rest on the couch (that was now cleaned up) and watch Mickey Mouse. In the meantime, Cody went to Albertson's to get some Motrin and Pedialyte since he was running fever. After getting the medicine in him and a few sips of the Pedialyte we put him down in bed again. I said a little prayer that he would have a good night, and God was listening! He slept through the entire night without anymore vomiting. He seems to be doing better today..no vomiting at least. And, I am thankful that it happened on the weekend and before Hudson's arrival! There is no worse feeling as a mother than watching your child get sick and cry and know that there is nothing you can do to stop it!

Sitting on the couch with our "puke bowl" while we watched Mickey Mouse.

2 comments:

Keri said...

Poor guy! I know how sad it is to have a kid sick & throwing up in the night. I hope he's done being sick.

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy. I wonder what hit him so hard. He even looks sick in the photo. Hope he is 100% today. Keep grandma posted - I might need to get on my corporate jet and fly down.

Grandma Torke