Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bittersweet Picnic

Yesterday was my last day to stay at home with Rylan. It also hit me that it was my last day to stay at home with him as my only child. We had a picnic in the middle of the living room floor and watched Mickey Mouse. Rylan thought this was great since I ALWAYS make him eat at the table. After the picnic I surprised Rylan with some ice cream. Needless to say I spoiled him rotten yesterday!

Cody took him to school this morning and Rylan was a trooper even though he had to wake up about 2 hours earlier today. I'm sure he'll have a great day...but I miss him!

Rylan,

This summer has been so special since I got to stay home with you. We have played and laughed harder than I could have ever dreamed possible. I couldn't imagine waking up to a day without you! Things will change a bit when Hudson gets here, but I hope you always know that momma has a love for you that runs deeper than any words could ever express. You are my first baby, and you've taught me that being a mom is hard and wonderful all at the same time. You will be a great big brother and I can't wait to see you with Hudson. I love you buddy!

Momma


Can you believe this?! Momma is letting me eat on the living room floor!

Good food!

What a sweet little face.

4 comments:

The Whitecotton's World said...

I love the little notes you post. I cry EVERY time, but especially reading this one. I even cried when you posted the letter saying goodbye to diapers. They are such a sweet idea.

Hayley said...

Ashley -

I can't believe it!!! Katie forwarded me your email. I would love to get together with you sometime! How exciting about your new baby!

-Hayley (Legler) Webb

Kim said...

I was gonna say almost word for word what Mandie said! Ha! That a girl, Mandie! :) Anyhow, I love your letters that you write him, too. So sweet. Hope these next few days go well. We can't wait to hear Mr. Hudson has arrived!

Val said...

Thanks for the great tips on stuff to take to the games - so glad you added that!! I know exactly what you are saying about making the games with a new baby. I think I only made 3 that fall after Beclynn and I got a babysitter for her for 2 of those. This year will be the first year I take them to all the games (unless they are sick or something) Last year I got a babysitter for all the away games.