Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Only 28 Days!!!

Okay, here are the preggo pics so you can try to guess Hudson's weight. Please keep in mind that I have NEVER been the kind of person who thinks the bare belly pregnant pictures are attractive so you are getting fully clothed belly pictures...sorry to disappoint any stretch mark fanatics out there!! And, remember I still have 4 weeks to go!! The c-section is set for September 2nd and we're just keeping our fingers crossed that I can make it until that date.
I am spending my last week and a half at home with Rylan before I go back to work on the 14th. I have had a BLAST with my little man this summer, and although we are extremely excited to see Hudson, a part of me has to admit that I am feeling so guilty that Rylan won't get 100% of our time and attention anymore. I know he will adjust and be a great big brother, but the guilt is eating me up right now! I am also a little sad about spending 3-4 nights away from Rylan after the c-section. I have only left Rylan for ONE night...ever! I just love being with him! I guess I'm just at that point in the pregnancy where I am anxious, nervous and excited all at the same time!
There's just something about having 2 kids that seems like it makes you a "complete" family. So, I guess in about 4 weeks we will be a family of four and blessed beyond our wildest dreams!!

Front view: Don't be deceived...the belly is HUGE!

Side view: Told you so!
Now that you've seen the pics some of you may want to guess again.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Ashley you look great! I agree that the last few weeks with only one child were sort of bittersweet! Life will change a lot at your house, but for the better I promise!

Val said...

I totally agree with Natalie - It is funny how God works - you will have twice the amound of love to give - so Rylan won't even notice - plus he will get a new little brother to love and love him back - so he will get twice as much love as before! You will still get lots of time with Rylan - Hudson will sleep alot and it will amaze you how much time you will still have one on one with Rylan. Even now that the girls are 4 and 2 it is funny how I get so much one on one time with them - somedays I am how did that happen there can't be that many minutes in a day. God just works it out for you!

Kim said...

It will definitely be better than you could have ever imagined having 2. I remember (and I think I may have already told you this) the last few weeks of JUST JAKE, I felt SO guilty. I didn't understand that I could possibly love another baby as much as I did Jake. Oh...just...wait!!! It is indescribable! I cried and cried when Aaron and I put Jake to bed the night before my c-section with Jack. I felt like an awful, selfish mommy for having another baby and not just loving him. But I gave him a friend, a brother. It is just wonderful to see the 2 of them playing together and laughing. Nothing better! So...although I am sure these words don't help, and you'll just have to experience it for your self...I hope the transition goes smoothly, and I absolutely can't wait to hear all about it! Love you tons, girly!

The Whitecotton's World said...

Hey Ashley! I had those exact same feelings you do and Kim described them very well. It was unfortunate for me with my complication, that I didn't anticipate having to go to the hospital and spend a few extra nights before Austyn was born. THEN, come home and be on bedrest for a week. It gave Tim and Aidan some bonding time that was much needed between "the guys"! There are all the reasons in the world you will find that time so precious. I can't wait for my boys to be 'friends' like Jake and Jack and not just brothers. Austyn is crawling now, so we are getting there. A little too fast for me, to be completely honest!

Anonymous said...

Aw! You look cute as a pregnant lady! I still say between 8 and 9 lbs. :)

Julie said...

Okay, I'm the anonymous one...again.

The Longley's said...

Ashley, you look beautiful!! So glad you shared your blog with me. I look forward to following your adventures with your two babies!