Saturday, April 26, 2008

Daddy's Last Game

Last night Cody's baseball team played their last game. My plan was to take Rylan to the game and get some really good pictures of him and his daddy on the field together after the game. However, my plan fell apart when Cody's game lasted 14 innings and ended at midnight. Rylan was such a trooper, but we left after the 11th inning when it was nearly 11:30. He had fallen asleep on my shoulder and I figured he really wouldn't be in the mood to run around on the field at that point. Luckily though I had been taking some pictures of him playing by Cody's dugout during the game. As you can see by the pictures there is a common theme...he has a baseball. He spent the entire game going to the green buckets to get baseballs so he could throw them everywhere. He had so much fun and he got so dirty! I kept dusting him off every time he fell and then it hit me...I have a BOY, and he is going to get dirty so I might as well relax! Anyway, we had a good time at daddy's last game and we'll be ready for Cody's summer team to start up in May.


Rylan with the green bucket full of baseballs...I think he emptied them completely several times!

I love the look of concentration on his face...daddy would be proud!

"This is my fast ball!"

"Should I throw my curve ball or my change up this time?"

My poor baby was absolutley exhausted!

I love watching him sleep!

When we got home from the game I finally got Rylan changed into his PJ's and into bed by about 12:30 (that's a.m. folks) and he slept until 9:30 this morning. He had only been awake for about 2 hours when he started acting really sleepy again so we put him back in bed at 11:30. We thought he would just take a short nap, but we were wrong. We had to wake him up 3 hours later. By 7:00 tonight he was so sleepy again so he was off to bed at 7:15 tonight. He loves his sleep...he is his momma's baby!!






No comments: