Sunday, April 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Angel!!

Rylan's first birthday party was a blast. I have been planning this party for a good two months, and I freely admitted that this party was more for me than it was for him. I went a bit overboard, but there was a time just a couple of years ago when I didn't know if I would ever have a baby to have a first birthday party for. So...I came up with the "barnyard bash" theme a while back and I had so much fun preparing for the party. We had so many family members and friends share this day with us, and we couldn't have imagined a better way to spend Rylan's big day!


The party favors for the little kids were wrapped in the red bandannas which were tied with raffia ribbons and had cow bells on them. AND...Cody helped me assemble these a couple of nights before the party!

I fell in love with the pig balloons when I saw them and just had to get a couple for the party.

This was the main table set up with the punch bowl (metal bucket) and the cake

The art teacher at my school decorated this metal bucket for me. I just gave her a general idea and she created this incredibly cute farm scene.

I searched and searched for the PERFECT barnyard birthday cake for Rylan and I think I got it!
Happy birthday Rylan!!

Some of you may not know this, but I have been that mom who has never let my baby have anything sweet...no cookies, candy, ice cream, etc. So this was big when he got his first taste of cake! He didn't know what to think of the first bite, but after a couple he had a death grip on his spoon.

It was definitely time for a quick bath after he had his cake. Maybe a cake with black icing wasn't the smartest choice...but it sure was fun to see him dig into it!

It's time for presents!

My sweet ONE YEAR OLD!!

Once we started opening presents he got excited about everyone gathered around.

The bows and ribbons are still a big hit.

All dressed in his PJ's, but checking out his presents one more time before bed.

Rylan with RoRo before she left this morning.
Rylan, momma and daddy have had such a fun first year with you!! The three of us have made some pretty good memories and we know that this is just the beginning. Your little laugh and smile completely lights up our lives! We love you angel!!

2 comments:

Kim W. said...

How fun! Jake's 1st birthday was barnyard, too! I love it! Super cute! Anyhow, Rylan is so big already...can't believe it's been a year! Hope yall are doing well. Can't wait to see you again.

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Rylan! It was a fabulous party. We've been blessed to watch Rylan grow this year!