Thursday, September 10, 2009

Surviving Our First Week

Well, Husdon was officially a week old yesterday. I swear...when you're at the end of your pregnancy it seems like it takes FOREVER for a week to go by. However, once the baby is here you wonder how in the world 7 days flew by! Maybe that has something to do with being in a sleep deprived survival mode for the first few days!

Hudson is doing great! He has gained 5 ounces of his weight back which brings him to 8 pounds 7 ounces right now...still a big boy. He is the most laid back baby I have ever seen. He sleeps his life away and as long as he gets fed ever 2-3 hours he is a happy boy. He is also such a snuggle bug! He LOVES to be held...literally all day! Overall, he is completely precious!

Rylan is doing pretty good. He is very sweet to Hudson, but he is having a little trouble adjusting to the new dynamic in the house, which is completely understandable. I still feel guilty that I can no longer give him 100% of my time, but I'm sure we will all fall into a comfortable routine in time. For now we just try to be patient with him and remind him that we love him SO MUCH!!


It's obvious Hudson is a second child...we waited until after he was born to put the stroller together. As you can see Cody had a helper.

Looking way too cool!

Rylan attempting to show Hudson how to use his new play mat.

Sweet angel!

All snuggled up with RoRo.

This is probably one of my favorite pictures of him so far!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Your boys are so precious! Isn't it so fun having 2 boys? ;) We love it. I hope the transition continues to go well. I am still nervous about going from 2 to 3, but they say 1-2 is the hardest, so if that's the case, I should be good. Anyhow, hope you are feeling well and recovering nicely. Hugs to that sweet baby boy from his big buddies out here. Love you!