Saturday, September 5, 2009

Hudson Colt Is Here!

Hudson Colt Salyers was born on September 2nd at 7:47am. Of course I had a c-section since Rylan had also been a c-section. I do have to say that a scheduled c-section is the way to go...no labor! We knew Hudson would be a big baby, and we even thought he might weigh more than Rylan had at birth. However, he came in just 1 ounce shy of Rylan's weight. His official stats were 8 pounds 15 ounces and 20 1/4" long. I was so happy to see my big healthy boy Wednesday morning!

We just got home from the hospital this afternoon. Luckily my doctor only made me stay 3 nights rather than the usual 4 nights after a c-section. While in the hospital Hudson had a hard time eating which has resulted in him being a little jaundiced. He is starting to feed a little better so it should correct itself. Other than that we have a perfectly healthy baby boy!

Rylan has been so loving and adoring of his little brother. He loves to hold him and give him lots of mooches. Of course he is a typical two year old that has his moments, but for the most part he has been so good!

Our first time to see our precious boy!

Getting a little loving from Rylan right after surgery.

The BIG BROTHER!!

Hudson is such a snuggle bug!

I love to watch him sleep!

Daddy catching a little nap with Hudson before his game Friday night.

He loves to suck on his fingers...and he's not quiet about it at all!

Ready to go home!

6 comments:

Kim said...

YAY!!! He is PRECIOUS!!! Love the pictures. Can't wait for TONS more...I know they are coming! ;) Ash, I hope you are feeling well, and I am so glad your 2nd c-section went well...I told you it is WAY easier than the 1st cause you don't have all that labor! Glad it went so smoothly. So can't wait to hear more, and see how life is treating you with your THREE boys! ;) Love you tons, momma!

Keri said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy that all went well for you and that he's healthy. What a sweet, sweet guy. You kinda make me want another one. :) Take it easy & enjoy these first few weeks.

Val said...

Congratulations!!

erin said...

he is adorable -- congrats! i can't wait to see more pictures of rylan mooching and holding hudson.
we are grateful everything went well!

jaime mcnab said...

HE is beautiful!!! So glad that all is going well and that Rylan loves his little brother!

Conaway Family said...

He is wonderful! We are so grateful that he is here and everyone is healthy. Love you.