Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Road Trip

This past Thursday we left for Birmingham, Alabama so we could see my cousin get married. My mom drove with us so it was nice to have someone "entertain" Rylan in the back seat during the 12 hour drive. However, I think Rylan ended up giving RoRo (my mom) most of the entertainment. She was his audience and that was all he needed to put on a show. The two of them laughed most of the way there.

Once we got to Alabama we had a blast. We got to see several family members that we haven't seen in over a year. Plus, we got to meet 11-week-old Madeline Taylor (my niece) for the first time! I was so excited to see her and hold her, but Rylan didn't appreciate mommy holding the baby. He also isn't use to sharing his RoRo so he wasn't too happy about her holding Madeline either. However, he was very sweet to her and he gave her lots of "mooches" while we were there.

Kellyanne's wedding was beautiful and one of the best things about the weekend was meeting Trey who is her 9-year-old stepson. He is absolutely the cutest little boy I think I have ever met! Rylan and Trey quickly became buddies.

The trip went by so fast, but it was so much fun. We are so happy for Kellyanne, and we can't wait for the next time the whole family is together!


Who knew toilet paper and a mirror could be so much fun?!

This was Rylan meeting Madeline for the first time. He though it was funny to climb up on the front step of her stroller and reach in to "tickle" her.

Rylan and daddy in the pool trying to cool off from the Alabama heat.

All dressed up for the wedding...and as you can see the red bat came with us to the wedding. Afterall, what outfit is complete without sporting equipment as an accessory?!

Cody and I right before the wedding.

I love this picture! My two boys roaming around.

Rylan has become Cody's little shadow. Anything daddy does, Rylan has to do too.

I realize I am bias since I only have a boy, but I don't think there is anything cuter than a little boy all dressed up!

This is my Aunt Pam's friend Maggie and she danced for the longest time with Rylan at the reception. Once the DJ started the music Rylan became a dancing machine!

The food at the reception was so good Rylan made sure he licked every crumb off his fingers.

Rylan loved to look at his baby cousin Madeline.

Giving Madeline "mooches" all weekend.

Rylan and Trey together at the restaurant.

Daddy feeding Rylan breakfast in bed at the hotel.

Our precious angel.

1 comment:

Kim W. said...

Love all the pictures! And I have to agree...nothing cuter than little boys dressed up! Handsome little devils! Glad yall had a good time. Hope to see yall soon!