Thursday, September 13, 2007

New Pictures


Sleepy Baby
We love the ExerSaucer!!
Happy Boy!

Trying on the Halloween costume

Just hanging out



I've been slacking when it comes to the blog lately, but we've had our hands full the last few weeks. Rylan was sick, Cody and I were sick, and the dog (our second child) swallowed yet another unidentifiable object which required surgery to remove it. Our island in the kitchen began looking more like a drug store than a place to prepare dinner...which I rarely use it for that purpose anyway. I think the cat was the only one in the house NOT on an antibiotic at the time. However, we are all doing better...including the dog.
This week is Cody's "off" week if you can really even call it that. All that means is there isn't a Friday night game, but the staff works just as many hours as if there was a game.
Today when I dropped Rylan off at the sitter's he cried for me when I left. This is the first time he's done that and it made me feel so sad about leaving him. However, I got the world's biggest smile when I came back to get him this afternoon.
Rylan has tried several solid foods now, but his absolute favorite so far is peas!! Who would have guessed?! He loves them and easily finishes off an entire jar of them during a meal. The peas have resulted in several "blow outs" with the diapers lately...once when he was sitting on my lap. Luckily we were at home when it happened.
I know I say this all the time on here, but I am constantly in awe that our Father can create something so perfect. I can't even begin to explain how much I love being the mother to a little boy! Natalie...I can't wait for Doak to get here so you can know exactly what I mean. You will be an amazing mother to a little boy and Rylan will soon have a best friend!!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I can't wait to meet little Doak either! Rylan is such a sweet boy and he is blessed with 2 awesome parents! We miss you guys by the way. Next week is our "off" week so maybe we can get together or at least eat out after church. Addie is constantly asking if we can go to Mrs. Ashley's house!