Sunday, April 18, 2010

Our Big 3 Year Old!

I can't believe we have a 3 year old! Seriously, where did the past three years go?! On Monday morning (his actual birthday) we woke him up by going in his room with a plate of pancakes with three candles stuck in them. He had a rough time waking up, but once he realized it was his birthday, he was pretty excited about everything. Once he blew out his candles we took him into the living room. Then, Cody rolled in his new Lightening McQueen bike. He had been asking for a bike leading up to his birthday so of course we were going to make sure he had a bike! He immediately wanted to put on his knee pads and helmet and ride his bike. He made several laps around the island in the kitchen before we convinced him that he had to get dressed for school. He took cupcakes to school for his class party that day. Then, as soon as I got done with work at 3:30 I raced to his school to pick him up and bring him home so he could ride his new bike outside. He had a blast, and he thinks he's pretty big on that bike. I have to admit though that my heart stopped the first time I watched him crash. It was a pretty bad fall. However, he barely even cried and actually wanted to get right back on his bike! That night Cody came home early and we all went out to eat. It was a very low-key birthday, but it was also kind of nice to just have some good, quality family time.

You can't have a Lightening McQueen bike and not have the matching protective gear!
Doesn't this bike just scream little boy?!

I LOVE his "wake up" face!

He's not too tired to blow out his candles though!

Trying out the new wheels!
Rylan,
You have no idea how much daddy and I have enjoyed the past three years with you! This last year we have watched you really grow into a little boy, and you are definitely ALL BOY!! You love to wrestle with daddy, climb on everything and you constantly have a bruise on your head from being so crazy. You are a ball of energy that goes nonstop from the time you wake up until the minute you go to bed. I don't think I have ever gone a day without laughing hysterically at the things you say and do. You can be such a toot one minute, but then so sweet the next. I love that you are so tender hearted when it comes to your little brother. You are always so concerned about him, and you don't like it at all when he cries! I love your sweet prayers at bedtime and the questions you ask about Jesus. More than anything though, I love you because I am your momma and I will always love you...no matter what. There is nothing you can ever do to make me stop loving you. I can't wait for many more years of watching you grow up, but no matter how old you get you will always be my little Butter Bean.
Love you!
Momma


1 comment:

Val said...

so cute!! I can't even imagine Beclynn getting on a 'big' bike - Maelynn won't hardly ride hers and she will be 5 next week. I guess boys just love those things more than girls - or at least my girls. I keep hoping they get into it!! Happy birthday - big boy!!