Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Catching Up With The Salyers

I have been horrible at blogging lately, but we have had a busy schedule. The last couple of weeks have been insane for us. I had to plan and run the senior night for Cody's baseball team last Tuesday. By the time it was all over, we didn't get home until almost midnight. That in itself was enough to wear me down, but it was such a success so I was happy. My rookie year as a head coach's wife is over!! By next year I'll be a seasoned pro at organizing the senior night.

Then, last Friday I was lucky enough to be honored at my school district's Galaxy Awards Dinner. I was nominated and received the award for School Nurse of the Year for the district. I consider it a HUGE honor since I think I work alongside some very intelligent nurses. It was a fun reason to get dressed up and have a FREE dinner and night out with my handsome husband. Stacey came over to watch Rylan that night and they had a blast. By the time last weekend rolled around Rylan and I were both getting sick. Luckily his congestion only lasted 2-3 days and then he was fine. However, mine continued to worsen so I broke down and went to the doctor earlier in the week. I have a sinus infection so hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon!

Now we are just getting ready for my dad to come this weekend. We haven't seen him since Christmas so we are really looking forward to his visit. Rylan can't wait to see his Poppy! So...now your caught up on our crazy life. We hope everyone has a fun, safe holiday weekend!


Rylan asleep on his nap mat Friday night when we got home from my awards dinner. He was exhausted after our long week!

2 comments:

jaime mcnab said...

sorry you are feeling icky.... hope that you are feeling better! Come visit Presley when you guys want to.... we are here.... eating, sleeping, crying and well you know the rest...

Val said...

Congratulations on Nurse of the Year - that is awesome. I will definitley need some pointers on the baseball since Chris will be head baseball next year - we have no idea what we are getting ourselves in for!! :) I always got sinus infections when I was pregnant - they were the worst!!