Thursday, December 11, 2008

Anyone Else Ever Have A "Help Me Jesus" Kind Of Day?

Today I stayed home with Rylan because he's still not quite well enough to go back to school. Well, I had high hopes that I could get a lot accomplished today by staying home. However, today has been one of those days where I have found myself saying "help me Jesus" several times. Let me just fill you in on a few of today's mishaps. First, Rylan is still a little fussy today and he's being very picky about what he eats. So after he woke up from his nap he wanted a peanut butter sandwich. I was thrilled that he wanted something so I gladly pulled out the stuff to make his sandwich. As I'm spreading the peanut butter on a slice of bread I lose my grip and drop the piece of bread. This wouldn't have been a big deal if the bread had just landed on the tile floor. Oh no, life couldn't be that simple for me today. The cat had strategically placed himself at my feet and he ended up with a piece of bread (peanut butter side down) stuck to his back. So, at this point I have a screaming baby because I'm not making his sandwich fast enough AND I have a cat who is running through the house with 1/2 a peanut butter sandwich stuck to him! That was my first "help me Jesus" moment today. After I cleaned up the cat and got Rylan fed I decided we needed to just get out of the house for a while. We loaded up in the car and headed for Walgreens to print off our family Christmas cards. While I was using their little machine to design our card, Rylan had emptied my purse in his lap in the cart. So now 3 tampons were on the floor at Walgreens and I had several onlookers watching the show. As I was designing the card I was thinking "oh crap" which wasn't the best thing to do. As the Walgreens worker came over to finish my order he noticed that I have written "Merry Crapmas from the Salyers" (not the holiday sentiment I was going for) on our cards. Thank goodness he found that before they were all printed. So that was my second "help me Jesus" moment of the day. My final (or so I hope) moment occurred when I got home and went to get Rylan out of the car seat. I freaked out when I saw his ENTIRE mouth was black...tongue, teeth and lips. Apparently, Rylan decided to hold onto one of the pens that was in my purse when he dumped it at the store and in my haste to gather tampons off the Walgreens floor I missed this small detail. I just got Rylan out of the tub and hopefully our evening will be a little more uneventful.

2 comments:

Keri said...

Wow! What a day! I hope the rest of the night is completely uneventful for you.

Val said...

I have those exact days alot!! I can always tell - because by the end of the day when stuff keeps happening I just start laughing- like a crazy person - because what else can you really do!! Hope today is so much better!